Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yearly blog update!

Oh, I'd hope to do better at blog updates.. but here we are one year later!

John and I are still in STL :) It has been snowing and snowing! We are actually enjoying the snow very much. It's beautiful and make our back yard so much more fun- like a giant sandbox... well, that you have to layer up to play in. We have had fun making a snow fort, snow men, and sledding. Recently we are tromping in the mud and slush b/c the snow is melting!
Jacob is full of hilarious comments that just make me smile often during the day. Recently he was walking around in daddy's shoes enjoying himself so much, then he fell backwards. He explained to the shoes, "I can't have you in my life." -this from a little guy who just turned 3 yrs old.
Caleb is our cuddler. He is just starting to talk a little, but not walking on his own yet.. he's close! He is 14 months old and just darling. I can't imagine him as a toddler, but pretty soon he will be chasing his brother. He has always rebelled against sleeping, but thankfully he is doing well recently. We believe in earplugs for the middle of the night if we need them!
John is traveling with his work. He is learning a lot, and has been with Covenant Seminary doing fundraising for the last 5 years now. He is great at what he does, and it's a perfect fit for now- not sure how long the Lord will have us here. John needs mountains to climb- literally and figuratively. (which doesn't surprise all of you I am sure!)
I am working part time from home, and full time taking care of my boys! I'm glad that I can do this, and also glad that God has given me other women in my life to encourage me along the way.
I have found beauty this winter in ... building snow forts, watching snow fall, running in the snow, drinking warm tea, listening to baby talk, getting phone calls in the middle of the day from my sweetheart at work, eating dark chocolate, praying with friends on the phone who have moved far away, painting my fingernails (ok- i only did this once but it was fun!) painting with Jacob, cuddling with John watching the Olympics, and depending on the Spirit to help me through the rough moments of the day when days don't feel beautiful.
To friends who probably have learned not to check our blog because we do not update it.. send us a note, or better, come visit us in St. Louis!
Love,
Elizabeth




1 comment:

RHB said...

Hey Elizabeth! It is great to catch up with you in blogland! Your boys are precious! Love, Rachael